- Royal Oak, MI, USA
Vectorform is known as a dynamic, creative and ever-evolving user experience studio specializing in emerging digital experiences for the world's leading brands. As an elite team of artists, engineers, entrepreneurs and intellectuals, Vectorform's mission is to create the next iconic experience.
What distinguishes Vectorform is our high-level of collaboration. There are virtually no boundaries between disciplines such as development and design. Everyone works seamlessly together. The candidate must prepare to absorb the multidisciplinary approach and culture within Vectorform. The candidate is expected to demonstrate excellence in leadership, communication, collaboration, and completely own the user experience. The willingness and confidence to innovate, take risks, and present concepts is critical to the success of this role.
The ideal candidate for the Technical Architect position at Vectorform is someone who is a seasoned technocrat that has a passion for all things technology. The candidate will have had experiences working with a variety of technologies and tools, and has a talent for identifying elegant solutions for complicated challenges.
Skills and Experience
• 4 years' experience working as a Lead Developer or Technical Architect for large-scale projects
• 2 years' experience developing iOS and/or Android native applications
• 2 years' experience working in web technologies
• Experience documenting and writing functional requirements
• Experience with flow chart and diagramming tools such as: Visio, Axure, or Omnigraffle
• Experience with Jira or other comparable task management software
• Experience working directly with clients and stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creative problem solving skills
Responsibilities of Position:
• Leading the technical execution of large-scale projects
• Architecting and creating flow charts and diagrams for various technical areas: mobile app architecture, website architecture, efficient database schemas, API documentation, systems architecture, hardware integration, site maps, workflows, etc.
• Translating high level business requirements into detailed written technical requirements
• Translating functional requirements into workable software solutions
• Working with all disciplines to ensure that the vision of the project is properly scoped and executed, from a technical perspective, throughout the entire life cycle of the project
• Aiding in software development at times
• Ensuring systems meet quality and security standards
• Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative, and iterative development environment
• Must be able to travel if necessary (Infrequent)