- Project Management
- Royal Oak, MI, USA
Premium Benfits Package
Vectorform is known as a dynamic, creative and ever-evolving user experience studio specializing in emerging digital experiences for the world's leading brands. As an elite team of artists, engineers, entrepreneurs and intellectuals, Vectorform's mission is to create the next iconic experience. The Interactive Project Manager will have a level of application development and interactive experience. Vectorform is working with ever-changing technologies, the Interactive Project Manager will have the mental firepower and credibility to absorb these technologies head on, leading production staff through technically robust and fast-paced projects.
Members of the PMO at Vectorform implement, maintain, and execute the standards of project management, production, and project work flow for the entire organization. The PMO team is responsible for the oversight, leadership, coordination, and completion of projects both internal and external to Vectorform. They are tasked with delivering these projects at or beyond the quality standards set by Vectorform and within the scope, timeline and budget agreed upon by stakeholders. The satisfaction of internal/external stakeholders, the end users of our deliverables, and Vectorform as a business is critical to the success of PMO team members.
Core Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, within scope, and of the highest overall quality
- Ensure project documentation is completed, current, shared, and stored appropriately
- Review, inform, and sign-off on contracts or agreements to ensure they have the best interest of all parties and are achievable within the restraints provided
- Provide project plans and remove blockers to allow the team to work efficiently on their tasks
- Maintain high morale across team members (Internal/External)
- Manage client and team expectations throughout the project
- Identify and forecast company and project risks to avoid 'Firedrills' and potential disasters before they happen
- Improve the profitability of projects through process improvement and process management with the project and project team
- Provide visibility and improve collaboration for project teams and client stakeholders
- Report project information to executive team members to help ensure company goals, resources, and efforts are correctly aligned.
- Make and/or inform decisions on the project that keeps everyone's best interest in mind
- Identify and coordinate teams and skillsets to best complete a project
- Manage the processes and tools used by the teams to complete their tasks
Overall Goal as a Project Manager Team Member:
The primary goal of a PMO team member is to improve the financial bottom line of Vectorform by delivering quality projects that generate repeat and new business. Over time, to guide, grow, and support their team to allow skillsets to scale or better align to the work being completed. This in turn will improve the overall satisfaction of all employees within Vectorform and the clients we work with. The measure of success for this goal can be found by asking: Are my clients and project teams happy and my projects profitable?
Project Manager Profile and Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems, and develop project proposal justifications which include proposed solutions, strategic rationale and cost/benefit analyses, success measures, broad implications, milestones, critical success factors, initial risk assessments, and alternatives considered
- Oversee development of business requirements by focusing on defined scope and reinforcing customer perspective while defining how the project will be managed and establish overarching project management plan
- Create various documents such as resource plans, project schedules, work breakdown structures, release/iteration plans, communication plans, risk management plans, issues logs, and action and decision logs
- Manage project plans to scope, identifying and implementing corrective action plans to meet scope, time, and cost constraints
- Maintain project org charts and provide calendar support, scheduling managing logistics of meetings, prepare and distribute minutes, follows up on any next steps to assure completion
- Lead project teams through all the project phases and guides team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
- Communicate regularly with PMO on the processes to ensure decision-making and delivery management activities are focused on achieving project goals, addressing risks, and fulfilling stakeholder requirements
- Communicate regularly with the client on project milestones, plans, status, and progress, adjusts project plans and/or resources per discussions with the client
- Assist with the development and support of local Project Management Office policies, procedures, and best practices
- Lead multiple projects of varying complexity concurrently, which can include virtual team members
- Demonstrates mastery in detecting and mitigating risks, as well as implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies, effectively use a big picture viewpoint to identify and negotiate adjustments to allocation of work across different releases and/or phases, and remove barriers
- Oversee quality review process. Facilitates and contributes to lessons learned reviews with project teams. Recommends and/or implements process improvements based on findings.
Project Manager Professional Skills and Traits:
- Strong soft skills facilitating collaboration, building strong relationships, promoting high levels of team work/synergy, and models excellent customer service skills in all interactions
- Excellent general leadership with strong analytical and problem solving skills, including ability to effectively customize approach for each project based upon business problem, technology requirements, complexity, and scale, as well as effectively manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate and explain complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals, and to determine and implement reporting and communication strategies. Uses persuasion and tact in orchestrating project objectives and direction, as well as project team. Skilled at negotiating commitments among various stakeholders and possesses strong meeting facilitation skills.